Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

Hi Matt,

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> I cannot recall any time when differing opinions have resulted in silence on
> a Debian mailing list.
I think the silence is due to the fact that people give it low priority.
You have all my sympathy for the uncomfortable position that puts you
(well, your position) in.

This isn't too original, but how about just having a Debian wiki page
where people who don't want their name as Maintainer can sign up and for
them rename the field to "Debian-Maintainer" or something.

I don't think that people will reach a consensus here and that probably
it's more time-efficient to implement two simple solutions for people to
choose than to discuss that to death. If the developers split 99:1 on
it, you might then argue with data for dropping the unpopular choice.

Speaking of it, one example where people can opt in to a scheme worth
considering is the Low Threshold NMU page[1]. I don't think that a
policy change for relaxation of the time requirements for NMUs would be
concensus, but it's cool to be able to opt into some more progressive
procedure, maybe it would be nice if it weren't so few maintainers.

Kind regards

T.

1. http://wiki.debian.org/LowThresholdNmu
--