Debian on one dvd?

One of the problems Linux users in countries like India have is low bandwidth. They prefer to get their distributions on CD or DVD as far as possible. Debian is very badly affected by this as we usually stress updating over the net.

At foss.in I spoke with the editor of Linux For You (http://www.linuxforu.com/)
which is a magazine devoted to Linux topics with national distribution. As well as the articles, they distribute a DVD with each issue. I asked the editor if they would be willing to distribute a Debian DVD. He said he had several requests for this before but sarges' 2 DVD size was too big and he was loathe to make any changes himself. But if I could provide him with a version which fit on one DVD, he would gladly include it in the February 2006 edition.

So has anyone done anything like this before? Or would anyone be willing to help get this done? We have until the end of the year in order to meet the deadline for February.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>