Re: Complaint about #debian operator

Scripsit martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org>

> Still, #ubuntu is not the place to which we should
> send people when they want Debian vs. Ubuntu thoughts.

Respectfully: Why not?

The Ubuntu people, having actually derived Ubuntu from Debian, are the
ones who are in the best position to know what they changed along the
way. On the other hand, we Debian people, having created Debian from
various upstream sources, know nothing about how Ubuntu differs -
unless we are particularly curious or happen to be Ubuntu people
*also*.

It seems natural that the "what changed from X to Y" question belongs
best in the community that actually did the change, rather than in the
community that created X but had nothing in particular to do with its
transformation into Y.

--
Henning Makholm                                   "Hør, hvad er det egentlig
                                          der ikke kan blive ved med at gå?"