Re: Complaint about #debian operator

On Saturday 10 December 2005 04:57 am, Michael Banck wrote:

> Don't know whether you send the guy a private message, but perhaps a
> public message like "foo: You have been silenced for 10 minutes due to
> repeated off-topicness, despite warnings" or so would be alright, so
> they know it is not permanent and everybody knows what's going on.

#debian has enough problems spamming the channel when they forget what /away
is for.  I fail to see how contributing to the noise instead of just
disposing with people who can't be bothered to read the channel FAQ before
saying something is in any way, shape or form anything other than harmful in
the short and long term.

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca