Re: Automated testing - design and interfaces

Peter Samuelson writes ("Re: Automated testing - design and interfaces"):
> Do you really think packaging mistakes not caught by lintian would be
> caught by the test suite put together by the same goober who made those
> packaging mistakes?

The goobers (as you say) who make packaging mistakes are usually also
the people who apply patches (including patches to add tests) without
exercising too much (how shall we say) editorial control.

There have been plenty of times when packaging mistakes not found by
lintian have rendered packages totally broken.  For example, a
nearly-empty package will pass lintian just fine ...

Ian.