Re: Automated testing - design and interfaces

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 06:43:32PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Note: that this is one of two messages on roughly the same topic.
>
> This message will deal solely with TECHNICAL issues.  If you have some
> technical followup then please go ahead and reply here.  If you have a
> complaint or comment about my or Ubuntu's approach, please reply in
> debian-*project* to my other message, titled `Automated testing -
> politics, information, and Ubuntu's plans'.

How will this interact with stuff like the powerpc32/powerpc64  biarch
situation, where there is a series of tests which can only be handled on
powerpc64, but no powerpc32 ? I know ubuntu has only powerpc64 machines, so it
is not as important to you, but debian is using 32bit autobuilders, and i
geuss in both case people would like to test and build the packages on
powerpc32 machines too.

Friendly,

Sven Luther