Re: What the DFSG really says about trademarks

Philip Hands writes ("Re: What the DFSG really says about trademarks"):
> That being the case, I (as the society's current chairman) would like to
> formally request a license to use the Debian trademark in the context of
> the Debian UK Society, and it's associated bank account.

I think that the right answer here is for Branden as DPL simply to
bless (revocably, of course) the activities of the Debian UK Society
as currently constituted and as described on that wiki page.

This would make it clear to everyone, SPI included, that we ought to
grant the trademark licence, and it would stop MJ Ray's
shit-stirring by making it clear that he could bugger the whole thing
up but only if he can get a General Resolution (for which he wouldn't
even get quorum, of course, let alone a majority).

The Debian-UK activities are not really controversial and ought just
to be allowed to continue.

Branden: please just say `Carry on, Debian-UK' :-).

Ian.