Re: "Why" Debian Common Core Alliance? Why not Debian?

Am Freitag, 19. August 2005 22:46 schrieb Andre Felipe Machado:
> It is not clearly stated: " it will not be a fork, but a subproject inside
> Debian"
> And DCCA was already launched.
> Maybe I forgot some paragraph, but it would be nice to have some of the
> nice ideas implemented on Debian.
> Could someone clear the doubts?

Even if you missed it on some of the news sites, let me tell you:

DCC will not be a fork. The "Debian" in the name, that's confusing some so
much, is neither meant to be a trademark violation nor shall it be used for
something that is not Debian. Instead if means that the core is built from
Debian and as part of Debian.

Please take my, and I assume the remaining companies will agree, apologies for
launching DCCA before talking to you all, but there were some marketing
needs. DCC shall become an official Debian subproject asap.

Ans yes, that means that we would like to implement all ideas into Debian.
Some will make it in as new packages, some might just be enhancements of
existing stuff.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes