Re: Pledge To Killfile Andrew Suffield

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 17:08:02 -0700, Michael K Edwards <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> said:

> The notion of a "pledge to killfile" Andrew is thoroughly juvenile.
> I am probably as guilty (if that is the word) as anyone of
> negatively critiquing his conduct on public Debian lists; but I
> would be horrified to see him censored.

        I don't think the word censored means what you think it means.

        I have kill-filed (or, really, low scored) scores upon scores
 of people. I even have an learning engine that looks at my actions
 and scores people low -- or high, based on my actions. People with
 low enough scores are not read by me.

        If you think that is censorship, you should invest in a better
 dictionary and use it.

> Surely, even if every unkind thing I have seen written about him
> were true (and much of it is not), Debian is strong enough to handle
> this aspect of his involvement with equanimity.

        Right. And one way of doing so is by not reading those emails.

> Nor as far as I know is there any indication that he has mishandled
> any responsibility as a DD

        Hmm. Not sure of that,

> or has been seen by anyone outside Debian to reflect poorly on the
> Project in any substantial way.

        or that either. Indeed, I know this not to be true.

        manoj
--
Optimism is the content of small men in high places. Scott Fitzgerald,
"The Crack Up"