Re: ping the mirrors team

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> also sprach MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> [2005.08.08.2259 +0200]:
> > Since 1 July, new mirror reports open a wishlist bug against
> > the mirrors package and someone handles it when we get time.
>
> I am not sure this is such a good idea for privacy reasons. If
> I mail mirrors@, I am not warned that my message will be publicly
> readable.

If you mail mirrors@debian, your mail is readable by DDs, not public.
That seems true for at least 16 role@debian addresses. Does
/intro/organization need updating to mention this, or should
people expect that email to job@org could go to anyone @org?

> Yes, there are a bunch of people working on this: Pascal Hakim and
> Andreas Barth are probably the most active ones.

Thanks for the info.

> > I'm one of at least two handling mirrors bugs now. Can you tell me
> > how it's being reformed, please? I've heard nothing yet AFAICR.
>
> I don't think people associated you with mirrors previously, and
> it's the first time I've seen your name in this context. I think
> it's great that you invest your time here, but maybe you should let
> people know, or have let them know?

I don't think fixing some bugs is worth a -devel-announce. People
on -www and mirrors@debian were told early June. It's also on the
bugs and CVS log. Equally, maybe the reformers should have let
people know? No problem, but I asked when I learnt of it.

I assume you can't tell me how it's being reformed.

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/