Re: ping the mirrors team

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

> I am aware of the points you raise, but that's not the issue. The
> issue is that there was an offer for both, ftp hosting as well as
> a new primary mirror, and Debian did not respond.

Since 1 July, new mirror reports open a wishlist bug against
the mirrors package and someone handles it when we get time.
We'd welcome more help with http://bugs.debian.org/mirrors -
if you're not a DD, mail me patches. Warning: I'm doing some
work on it right now.

I've figured out where the older offers have gone (if any
other DD will sift the spam sooner, mail me) and I will work
on the backlog next week.

> Anyway, the mirrors team is being reformed, and DSA are working on
> backlog, so we'll hopefully have this resolved soon.

I'm one of at least two handling mirrors bugs now. Can you tell me
how it's being reformed, please? I've heard nothing yet AFAICR.

Some cc preserved, as I'm not sure who is reading this where.
No need to cc me if you include -project.

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/