================
From: Mailer <noreply@alioth.debian.org>
To: Probably all Debian accounts?
Date: Yesterday 21.55:22

Since Alioth seemed to be an often mentioned service here at DebConf5
I took the time to do some work on it in between talks and the
occasional drink. Alioth is sufficiently non-trivial to make the
upgrade somewhat interesting, but the end result seems to be a nice
improvement. The major noticable changes are:

* upgrade from woody to sarge, which also allowed for:
* postgres tuned, should be faster now
* LDAP tuned, should be faster now
* email configuration improved
* mailman upgraded to 2.1

I did notice that a number of users are running crontabs that do not
check if they are already running, which in some situations
resulted in a dozen copies of the same crontab running in parallel.
Please fix that since it needlessly loads the machine. From now on if
I notice people doing that I will disable their crontab access
until they fix their scripts.

--
Beware of the FUD - know your enemies. This week
    * The Alexis de Toqueville Institue *