Re: Screenshots

Hi,
* Benj. Mako Hill <mako@debian.org> [2005-07-07 15:50]:
> <quote who="Nico Golde" date="Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 10:11:54PM +0200">
> > Hello Andrew,
> >
> > * Andrew Karppinen <akarppinen@cox.net> [2005-07-04 21:47]:
> > > Why are there are no screen shots on the Debian site? I think some screen
> > > shots would help. People can make a visual connection to what it could
> > > look like. It may generate more interest in the project. I tried the
> > > search feature and it was disabled on the site.
> >
> > Because debian isn't a desktop system.
>
> Really? I use Debian on *my* desktop.

Yes but not as the software. You desktop environment is a
part of debian but not debian.

> There are a number of websites that have already made many screenshots
> of Sarge's installer and the default status of some of the popular
> desktop environments (KDE, GNOME, etc). I don't see any reason why
> shouldn't, at the least, link to a variety of these -- of course, with
> Gunnar's disclaimer that these are only one version of any number of
> possible desktops that Debian can offer.

I totally agree. my intention was not to be against
screenshots, I only thought that the guy thought that there
can be some typicall screenshots (under X) of debian and in
my opinion this is not the case.

Regards Nico
--
Nico Golde - JAB: nion@jabber.ccc.de | GPG: 0x73647CFF