Re: Screenshots

<quote who="Nico Golde" date="Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 10:11:54PM +0200">
> Hello Andrew,
>
> * Andrew Karppinen <akarppinen@cox.net> [2005-07-04 21:47]:
> > Why are there are no screen shots on the Debian site? I think some screen
> > shots would help. People can make a visual connection to what it could
> > look like. It may generate more interest in the project. I tried the
> > search feature and it was disabled on the site.
>
> Because debian isn't a desktop system.

Really? I use Debian on *my* desktop.

There are a number of websites that have already made many screenshots
of Sarge's installer and the default status of some of the popular
desktop environments (KDE, GNOME, etc). I don't see any reason why
shouldn't, at the least, link to a variety of these -- of course, with
Gunnar's disclaimer that these are only one version of any number of
possible desktops that Debian can offer.

People like the pretty pictures, it's not difficult for us to do, and
I don't see any reason why we shouldn't. :)

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill