Re: Branden's mail policies

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 12:10:54AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:02:26 +0100, Simon Huggins <huggie@earth.li> said:
> > Sure, not with his maintainer hat on, not with his personal hat on,
> > but when you're in a role and posting from a role address I believe
> > that occasional jumping through hoops may be required.
> I don't.  People in role addresses are already serving the public good
> far more than bystanders, and more than ordinary developers, they are
> _already_ giving more than enough.

Sure, but how does Branden serve the public good by whining about people
dropping his mail?

And that's why I didn't start this thread about secretary@ but
leader@...

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 12:07:34AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:35:31 +0200, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> said:
> > The question is: Should the DPL jump through hoops to make sure his
> > mails are recieved by people, even if they have other opinions on
> > email transports than he has?
> No. The DPL, hopefully, jas better ways to spend his time, and more
> critical tasks to perform, than to jump through hoops to please people
> who just drop mail without paying any attention to content.

He hardly has to jump through hoops but I've explained this over and
over again.

Also please note that I don't block mail with the DUL or indeed any
blacklist.  I'd like to think Branden would fix his mail setup for
leader@ (or best get his ISP to remove his IP from the DUL or provide
one which isn't on that list) in order to help the Debian project's
image and not just been seen as biting the hand that feeds by whinging
about people who reject his mail.

Simon.

--
 -+//                There was a young man from LeDoux,                \\+-
-+<<                Whose limericks stopped at line two.                >>+-