Re: sarge and the Wall Street Journal

Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, MJ Ray wrote:
> > ZDnet is owned by CNET Networks, which has links to Microsoft
> Well so does Bruce Perens if you read the post that started this thread :-)

Yes, and Bruce's own explanation of his questionable business
can be found linked at http://www.perens.com/

> A less tinfoil-hat explanation is that inflammatory stories like this
> will get tons of page views from outraged Debian fans.

Tinfoil-hat? It's not as if I'm the only one questioning who owns
the media these days. http://www.freepress.net/
http://www.mediatrademonitor.org/ http://www.openairwaves.org/ and so on.

I thought the "page views" bit was obvious. The ownership and ad-base
means they don't care if they outrage us. It's legitimate to point out
their well-documented influences.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/