Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

Ean Schuessler wrote:
R. Armiento wrote:
The "bug" here is just about that the current setup may make it a little too easy for people who will be offended by WebCollage to still accidently install and use it. It is sensible to both 1) keep things available for people
who want to use them 2) help people avoid running things they do not
wish to run.

[...]
Users should make those choices for themselves.

Yes, thank you for this short and elegant restatement of what I said above. Let users be in control. Both in what they do run, and in what they do not run.

But I cannot see why you would bring up censorship in relation to this. As I see it, helping users who would be offended by WebCollage to avoid unintentionally running it, has as little to do with censorship as helping them to avoid unintentionally running 'rm -rf /'.

//Rickard