Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

R. Armiento wrote:
> Of the perhaps ~60 users I have helped over time, it is my impression
> that wallpaper and screensaver are among the most common things for
> "ordinary users" to configure. The random screensaver is a very common
> choice.

Please, educate users to expect activating controls clearly
labelled as "random" to do random things! If some possible
actions are unacceptable, it is up to the user or sysadmin to
block them.

Debian can download porn from the net (and discussions with
some LUGgers suggest this may be a feature to some people) but
I think a label saying that is rather like putting "warning:
contains nuts" on a bag of nuts.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/
http://people.debian.org/~mjr/