Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 01:49:54PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Not if we don't annulate the woody release and fix it in woody as well.
> > >
> > > It's rediculous that a "bug" that is present in woody already which was
> > > released nearly three years ago, suddenly is considered a valid release
> > > blocker for sarge less than one week before it's release.
> >
> > Come on, we needed almost 3 years to be ready for the release, and now one
> > week more or less is going to be such a change ? What happened to the "we
> > release when we are ready" we were so proud of in the past ?
>
> Maybe you didn't notice, but I wasn't talking about postponing the release
> but about how ridiculous this thread and the behaviour of several people
> is.

Notice that nobody was taking this seriously, people where only saying, how it
is not so important, there is an easy workaround, let's just forget about
this. If at least the discourse was that this is a serious problem, but there
is no chance to fix it, instead of dismissing the issue, things would be
different.

But then, there is no chance, the release will happen tomorrow with just an
errata about this. So let's forget it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther