Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

This one time, at band camp, Sven Luther said:
> This needs to be fixed for sarge, as it will subject random underage
> people sitting in the same room your computer is in to random porn. I
> believe this is illegal in most countries, and we can't be allowed to
> let this happen.

webcollage shipped in woody.  These random underage people you are
worried about have been 'subjected' to porn for three years now.

The only thing I would worry about is if this shipped in debian-jr., or
debian-crazy-fundamentalist or something.  Otherwise, it's up to the
admin to decide site policy and decide if (s)he wants to filter, not
install xscreensaver, or whatever.

> I also believe that this may subject distributors of debian/sarge cd
> to legal troubles.

Let's not degenerate into FUD so quickly.  It contains no images in and
of itself.  If webcollage will generate legal trouble for distributors,
so would a graphical browser.  Quick, let's drop mozilla so no one can
look at a porn site.  Good thinking.
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |