Re: Section gnustep, was: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 08:16:24PM +0100, Gürkan Sengün wrote:
> it's usefule when browsing at packages.debian.org too!

Well hopefully, packages.d.o will be migrated to package tags as well,
once they are in place.

> if we can't have gnustep section i would like the gnome and kde
> sections removed as well! that only would be fair.

You can't remove those sections in a sane way any more. These sections
were introduced to account for the sheer amount of packages in KDE and
Gnome, i.e. a technical step. Introducing a gnustep section would rather
be a non-technical step.

For example, I'd like to have a 'chemistry' section for all of my
chemistry-related packages, but right now I'm satisfied with having them
in 'science', as I know package tags will solve this eventually.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer