Re: Section gnustep, was: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/

I have talked to Erich (Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org>), and he says:
> I have found this here:
> http://debian.vitavonni.de/packagebrowser/?tags=desktop%2Cdesktop%3A%3Agnustep
> but before I start working on this, can you tell me my work will be
> not wasted?
Right now i think your work would mostly be wasted.
We first need to define a proper set of tags we want to use.

> And can you fix these things as well:
> GNUStep is GNUstep
This exactly fits to the insufficiently-definedness of the package tags.
For me GNUStep has indeed been something inbetween of a widget toolkit
and a desktop environment.

Now I would still prefer a gnustep section.

> Package sections are mostly cosmetical (synaptic and aptitude support
> package tags to the best of my knowledge, and most of the other users
> will just run apt-get anyway) and I do not believe we should waste a
> lot of time trying to fix them.
it's usefule when browsing at packages.debian.org too!
if we can't have gnustep section i would like the gnome and kde
sections removed as well! that only would be fair.
i believe you should.

> Of course, this is a rather extreme position I'm taking on here, and
> I'd like to know how others think about it.
that's fine. that were my thoughs

gürkan