Re: Section gnustep, was: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 05:56:12PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > shells          292
> > news            327
> > embedded        383
> > electronics     515
> > oldlibs         647
>                   ^^^
> Geez.
[...]

Really, I believe it would serve Debian better if everybody had a look
at package tags and categorized there (and others) packages at
http://debian.vitavonni.de/packagebrowser/
and also make sure they are nicely integrated into Debian. (which makes
me wonder, if I update those tags, will they be included somewhere?)

Package sections are mostly cosmetical (synaptic and aptitude support
package tags to the best of my knowledge, and most of the other users
will just run apt-get anyway) and I do not believe we should waste a lot
of time trying to fix them.

Of course, this is a rather extreme position I'm taking on here, and I'd
like to know how others think about it.

Michael

--
Michael Banck