Re: Screw non-free.

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 01:36:44AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > How do you propose to rectify or work around that?  Will passing Anthony
> > > Towns's proposed amendment automatically rectify it?
> > > If not, shouldn't we have a plan in place for concretizing our
> > > reaffirmed support for non-free?
> > That's a question ajt has to answer.
>
> Eh? Reaffirming a commitment doesn't mean increasing it. I can't see
> any reason why we'd be obliged to change anything should the resolution
> I proposed pass; and the "concrete plan" for reaffirming support for
> non-free is as simple as that: not changing things.

"not changing things" is effectively a removal of non-free:

Some bug-free contrib and non-free packages are waiting for more than
one year to enter testing since they were not rebuilt on all
architectures.

If support for Debian is re-affirmed, there needs to be some action like
e.g. setting up separate buildds for contrib and non-free.

> Cheers,
> aj

cu
Adrian