Re: Section gnustep, was: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 08:57:46AM +0100, G?rkan Seng?n wrote:
> >> I believe we need a new section called "gnustep", just like we have one
> >> for gnome and kde.
> > I think this is a good idea. Would it start by being populated with
> > anything depending on gnustep*, or did I not think that through? What
> > packages would that give?
> Yep, this would also help me have less warnings in the gnustep-meta
> packages ( http://www.linuks.mine.nu/i_debian/meta-gnustep/ ), can we
> change lintian like this:
>
> If all agree that we add 'gnustep' to the section. I think
> lintian package should be updated by adding 'gnustep' to:
> lintian source
> testset/info_tags.non-us, line 28
> checks/common_data.pm, line 21
> checks/fields.desc, line 172

This will happen automatically (well, sort of) by the lintian
maintainers when policy gets changed (and not earlier than that).

On topic: I don't really think a section for this few packages is worth
it.

Package count (binary, unstable of two days ago, without contrib and
non-free) is below, and it shows that even the smallest section has
nearly 300 packages.

Maybe there are better splits to imagine (seperate compilers from
devel? Client networking stuff from net (as opposed to server networking
stuff)?)

--Jeroen

shells  	  292
news 		  327