Re: Some Comments on Sexism in #debian

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 07:54:10PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > > Your mail fairly much appears to say nothing.
> > But that talk did say many things. And I was not the only one offended
> > by it. It was extremely sexist. Debian looked like (and probably is) a
> > boys club.
> Could you perhaps provide a URL or some background on this talk, so
> those of us unfamiliar with the event may learn about it?

It was on the dak suite; which is a bunch of scripts used to manage
the ftp site, that happen to be named after models and actresses and
suchlike. We covered a number of the scripts in detail, and as a joke,
included pictures of the girls the rest were named after.  That portion
of the talk just ended up as a soft-core slideshow though, and, to my
mind, didn't come off as particularly funny or enlightening at all. Mike
presented that section of the talk, so I wouldn't presume to justify
the presentation or apologise for it on his behalf.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004