Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 10:03:42AM -0800, Jonathan Walther wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:38:31AM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> >>On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 11:06:32PM -0800, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> >>To the contrary, it is equalitarians that treat people inhumanely;
> >>expecting too much of some, and denigrating the abilities of others.  Do
> >>you expect a man to bear children?  Why do you expect women to accept
> >>the same treatment that men give to each other, when they are the ones
> >>who bear the seed of our future generations during it's most vulnerable
> >>state?
> >
> >This is hopeless nonsense, and clearly comes from someone who has never had
> >to face prejudice themselves.
>
> Let me guess, you also believe in fairy tales such as the one that the
> earth is over-populated, and that infants in the womb are neither human
> nor essential to our future?

I don't see the point of your ongoing uterine fixation in this discussion.
It doesn't seem to support your argument.  "Women bear children, and men do
not, and therefore I am paying them a favour in treating them as
intellectually and physically inferior based on their sex.  QED."?

> You seem to be the inexperienced one; you've never had to comfort a
> grieving mother who had a miscarriage after experiencing a level of stress
> and physical activity that would have bothered no man.

As if on cue, you've gone from speaking for all women to speaking for all
men.

--
 - mdz