Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 10:44:24AM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 01:46:13AM -0800, Jonathan Walther wrote:

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 11:26:47AM +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
>Jonathan Walther <krooger@debian.org> writes:
>>On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 02:19:29AM -0500, Erinn Clark wrote:
>>>2. Don't flirt with us just because we're women.
[...]
Although I don't flirt with every woman I meet, I do flirt with the
women who interest me. Which has nothing to do with Erinns request that
no male ever flirt with a female on the #debian channel.

Erinn made no such request; read your own quote.

You quoted me out of context; the paragraph following said that in an
environment with 600 males and 5 females, it is inevitable that at
least 1 male at any given time will be desire to flirt with a female who
shows an interest in Debian.

If it is the flirtation that is the problem, and the problems do not go
beyond that to the extend of persistent harassment, then the solution is
simple; let Erinn bring more of her female friends to the channel to
"spread the load".

And if that is not agreeable to her, she still has /ignore at her
disposal.

I am willing to be a gentleman, but I'm less willing to leap to the
defense of those who are consider the feminine virtues outdated.  I
imagine she would say that the missionary position has no role in modern
society either, because it is of such great antiquity.

Jonathan

--
Address: 13685 Hilton Road, Surrey, BC V3R5J8 (Canada)
Contact: 604-951-4142 (between 7am and 10pm, PST)