Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On 05 Mar 2004 12:01:34 -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net> said:

> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
>> On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 11:25:59AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG
>> wrote:
>> > Well, she said that she doesn't participate because boys will be
>> > mean to her.  Sounds sexist to me.
>>
>> There are other ways of responding to that sort of claim than
>> accusing people of being sexist, flakey or mentally unstable. That
>> you've chosen that particular way says something about you, and
>> says something about the project's culture.

> I don't think she's flaky or mentally unstable.  I think she
> approached a concrete group of people by assuming they would fit a
> stereotype she had in mind, and that's a bad thing to do.

	Mind you, a stereotype that has played spectacularly true to
 form.  Far from being a bad thing to do, in retrospect, it seems
 stunningly sagacious.

	manoj
--
"None of our men are "experts."  We have most unfortunately found it
necessary to get rid of a man as soon as he thinks himself an expert