Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 11:23:59AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > "We're a previously persecuted minority, dammit, treat us special, we
> > deserve the land you have worked hard for. even though we sit on our asses."
>
> New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and the United States all have some
> similarity vis-a-vis native populations.  But what you quote above
> sounds a little like you think "We stole this land fair and square".

Well no, I believe that our ancestors did though.

> None of this means that *today's* Europeans have any blame, but our
> ancestors surely did.  The land I am on was not merely "worked for",
> but also "stolen".>

Precisely, exactly what's happening here - No-one currently alive is to
blame for 'stealing' land... Anyway, this is all more centred around the
Treaty, and the allowance for 'grievance claims'.

This is all wildly OT though, so I won't post again.

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>                      ZL4TXK, IRLP Node 6184

                 Contentsofsignaturemaysettleduringshipping.