Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 22:42:24 -0500
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> Anyway, something we've done for d-i is tried to redirect users who are
> having installation problems specifically with d-i to #debian-boot,
> which is much lower volume, and full of people (though often absent
> hacking/sleeping) who are knowledgeable about the problems. I wonder if
> #debian could be split up in more ways, and become more of a redirector
> channel, possibly even not open to general discussion. There could be a
> #debian-talk for that.

Actually, we tried to do that some time ago, but the idea (at the time)
didn't fly with the network administrators. They might be more amenable
to it now, however.

It's something I'll look into, but for the time being, let's just try to
make it a friendlier place period.

--
       Aruing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud.
	    After a while, you realise the pig is enjoying it.