Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On 04 Mar 2004 11:25:59 -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net> said:

> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
>> So, Helen is kind enough to summarise her views on why she doesn't
>> participate in the project as fully as she might, and she's called
>> a flake, mentally unstable and sexist for her beliefs.

> Well, she said that she doesn't participate because boys will be
> mean to her.

	That is a lie. She did not say that.  Twisting what people say
 is par for the course, but does you little good.

> Sounds sexist to me.

	Now this is stupid enough to border on being downright
 moronic. She came in, and expressed  her opinion that women are less
 sure of themselves, and have a fear (justified in this case) of a
 male dominated forum being mean and calling her names.

	She expressed that there are gender  indexed differences in
 the way that people behave -- and that, sir, if well documented fact,
 with any number of scientific studies to vouch for it.

	Saying someone who refers to these gender based differences in
 interaction is sexist is indeed moronic.

	manoj
 playing with the neanderthals
--
Sam: What do you know there, Norm? Norm: How to sit.  How to drink.
Want to quiz me? Cheers, Loverboyd Sam: Hey, how's life treating you