Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 01:52:45PM +1300, Mike Beattie wrote:
> Don't get me wrong, it's not just homosexuals that fit into this gripe, it's
> also african-americans, .nz's Maori, various religions, and Australians..

this "We're a minority, we're special" card you mention is used by those who
feel marginalised or persecuted, i.e. in an inferior social position.

i don't think any of the australians in this forum could be accused of feeling
that :)

we all seem to be arrogant bastards with a fine sense of superiority(*).

craig

(*) for which we'd like to thank all the Yanks - you make it all too easy.