Re: Question about your OS name

Dave McEwen wrote:

>      I was just wondering if you could tell me where the name of your
> operating system, Debian came from? Thanks

It comes from the names Debra and Ian, from Ian Murdock, who started
the project, and Debra, his wife. This is what the Debian FAQ says.

There is another theory which says the name really comes from the
spanish word "Debían", as in "Debían haberlo inventado antes", which
is to say "They should have invented it before" :-)