Re: hpt372

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Gilbert Martin wrote:
>
> > I want to know if HPT372 raid controler will be support on the next
> > version of debian?
> >
> > Because i have an ABIT KR7A-RAID, and i can't install linux debian on my
> > system.
>
> According to the URL below (found searching Google) it might be fixed in
> Linux 2.4.19 and if so also in the next major release of Debian:
>
> http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0202.2/1001.html
>
> Are you impatient and have access to another Linux machine, then try
> grabbing and installing a 2.4.19 kernel package from sid manually (using
> dpkg -i), or compile a 2.4.19 kernel yourself...

It's not fixed.

ac4 attempts to fix it, but there's a half-applied patch.

Fixing that, it boots, and sees the device, and the drives run fast.  But
after a bit of running, dma gets disabled, and shortly thereafter, the bus on
the hpt controller goes offline.

Even 2.4.19-ac4-ide11 didn't work(this was actually worse for us than plain
2.4.19, with a 2 line patch applied, to get dma working on the mobo ide).