Re: Testing Distribution

On Sat, Dec 18, 1999 at 12:14:42AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 1999 at 12:37:19AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

Continuing my quest to see how many times I can reply to myself...

> > You may or may not have seen or remember me talking a while ago about a
> > `testing' distribution.
> > Further updates as they come to hand.
> A couple of things. First, I've stuck in an annoying .htaccess file and
> password restricted out all the .debs for the moment.

That's been removed now, fwiw. There's an apt line listed at
http://lully.debian.org/~ajt/, along with the other info.

> Third, the only TODO item from the last post still outstanding is removing
> source packages that aren't desirable any more.

...which is now done, along with some clever and not so clever algorithm
changes. It's basically feature complete now, theoretically, except for
needing to be cleaned up, and have its memory usage severely cleaned up.

Note that it's working off unstable rather than frozen, btw.

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds