Re: New Architecture

<geoff@banzai.apana.org.au> writes:

> What process(es) must be followed to start a Debian dist for a new
> architecture??
[...]
> As I can't find any web documentation which describes the process I
> thought i'd gather comments (flames or otherwise) from this group on any
> issues etc which may arise from such a project.

There is no documentation for the process.  I believe the "process" is
to file a bug against ftp.debian.org, and be available to the FTP
masters.

Even *without* official space on the Debian archive, it is *very* easy
to run your own little archive, with upload queue and all that.  All
the tools are freely available.  You wouldn't be able to symlink in
the architecture-independant packages as they do in the main archive,
but this is easily worked around (mirroring binary-all, for instance).