Working on debian developer's reference and "best packaging practices"

Hi,

you expressed an interest either in updating the developer's reference
or in writing the "Debian Best Packaging Practices" document.

Adam Di Carlo, current maintainer of debian developer's reference, will
help me lead this work. To ease the work I ask you to subscribe
to the "developers-reference" package in the Package Tracking System
(PTS). For that, send a mail to pts@qa.debian.org with "subscribe
developers-reference" in the body or in the subject. After that you'll
get the mails sent to any bug assigned to the corresponding package :
http://bugs.debian.org/developers-reference

Since I had very few volunteers for the "best packaging practices", I
merge that project with the "updated developers reference" one since Adam
expressly asked me to integrate it within the DDR.

I propose that the discussion continues on debian-project@l.d.o which
I cc.

We should start by rethinking the DDR structure to integrate all the new
information that we want to push into :
- Debian Best Packaging Practices
- Collaborative Maintenance of Packages [1]
- Going further than simple maintainer [1]
- the content mentionned in the bug reports

Adam, you're probably the best to decide of the new "skeleton" of DDR.

Once we have the new "plan" (skeleton), we should do some brainstorming
to collect all the good ideas (in particular for the "best packaging
practices"). After that, it will be time to transform those ideas in
patches in the BTS ... good use of the tags (in particular "pending"
and "patch") will help follow the progress of the work.

Thanks,

[1] I proposed those additions in that old mail :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2002/debian-qa-200201/msg00062.html