Re: Setup WOL (Wake On LAN) on PPC (MacMiniG4)

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Cédric Boutillier
<cedric.boutillier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:54:46AM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> [...]
>> However afert a shutdown (sudo poweroff), I can not wake the machine
>> up. I double-check the Mac adress twice, and I can wake up the
>> Intel-Based PC right next to it...
>
> I am not sure the Macs can be 'woken up' using WOL if they were switched
> off (even from Mac OS). At least, this is my experience with iBooks and
> iMacs. However, you can wake them on line if they are in a
> suspend-to-ram state.

How can I test this ? I tried to suspend-to-ram using:

$ sudo apt-get install uswsusp
$ sudo s2ram
Switching from vt7 to vt1
s2ram_do: No such device
switching back to vt7

with:

$ sudo s2ram -n

          ~
We don't have quirks and hence no whitelist on powerpc

How else can I try ?

Thanks
--
Mathieu