Re: maconlinux

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 03:12:23PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> [2009-02-17 14:24:13 CET]:
> > Which kernel does panic? The macosx kernel or the linux kernel?
>
>  ... on a side note, Gaudenz - any news on OSX 10.5 support in
> mol-drivers-macosx in sight?

Sorry, no. Upstream seems pretty inactive these days and this is really
beond my capabilities. (And I lack an OSX 10.5 installation for a
start...)

I think that probably only some minor changes to the bootx included in
mol-drivers-macosx are needed. To fix this we need someone with a good
knowledge about the mac powerpc boot process and bootx. Or someone with
a bit of free time and willing to dive into all this. If you (not only
directed at Rhonda) are willing to tackle this, I will try to support
you as much as I'm able to.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.