Issues with Debian Lenny on Powerbook G4
I recently upgraded the hard drive of my laptop and decided to take the chance
and plunge to lenny. I had Etch running beautifully on this laptop.
The lenny experience started out beautifully but there are several issues I came
* No matter what I tried I couldn't get X to start. The furthest I have gone is
with X starting but I get a blank black screen.
* I even used the old xorg.conf from my etch machine but it didn't work either.
2. Power management/laptop mode
* I installed laptop-mode tools and pbbuttonsd just like I did when I had etch.
This installed apm and I was used to invoking 'apm' at the command prompt to
get the battery status. However, with Lenny I get the error message that the
kernel does not support apm.
* I understand powerbook uses pmu so I tried installing that but it conflicts
with the already installed laptop-mode-tools.
I installed using debian lenny installer beta 1 netinst.
- Powerbook G4 Titanium 500MHz G4, 512MB RAM.
I need some help here...