Undisclosed dependencies for sound-juicer_2.20.1-1?

Hi all!

I'm running Debian/Lenny under kernel 2.6.22. When deleting usbutils (as I read
it was no longer required by said kernel) a few more packages where
deleted:

# apt-get remove --purge usbutils
---------------------------------
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
  hal-info libnotify1 pm-utils
Recommended packages:
  uswsusp vbetool radeontool
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  gnome-power-manager* gnome-volume-manager* hal* network-manager*
  network-manager-gnome* sound-juicer* update-notifier* usbutils*
  hal-info pm-utils
  libnotify1
1 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 8 to remove and 244 not upgraded.
Need to get 132kB of archives.
After unpacking 12.5MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Abort.

Now, if I try to re-install sound juicer, it pretends to install hal and
usbutils again (and no such dependencies are shown in sound-juicer):

# apt-get install sound-juicer -s
---------------------------------
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
  hal usbutils
Suggested packages:
  gnome-device-manager
  hal sound-juicer usbutils
0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 244 not upgraded.
Inst usbutils (0.73-5 Debian:testing)
Inst hal (0.5.10-5 Debian:testing)
Inst sound-juicer (2.20.1-1 Debian:testing)
Conf usbutils (0.73-5 Debian:testing)
Conf hal (0.5.10-5 Debian:testing)
Conf sound-juicer (2.20.1-1 Debian:testing)

Is it a bug or I'm missing some info?

Thanks for your attention.

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.    \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"   (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)