Re: The future of the debian/powerpc port ...

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 06:21:36AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Sven Luther (sven@powerlinux.fr) wrote:
> >   - i was expulsed from debian on Frans Pop's request a few months ago,
> >     when the ban started.
>
> [etc, etc, etc....]
>
> The ban on -powerpc was lifted because of numerous comments that you've
> helped people in the past with powerpc issues.

Indeed, and the topic of this mail was about how i can continue to do so
together with the readers who care about the powerpc port.

The facts you removed are just a basis to state the current state of
affairs, which should serve as the basis for discussion on the future.

Among these discussion, it is ok for you to say : i don't care, the
current situation fits me well, but it is clear that this is not the
opinion of other readers.

> Discussion about your removal from Debian, the ban, forking Debian,
> commercialization, your company, etc, etc, are strictly off-topic for

Are they ? I would really much like them to be, but given that they
affected the powerpc port, i believe that they are on topic.

> this list and should they continue then I'll ask for the ban to be
> reinstated.  Find another (non-Debian) list for that if you want to
> discuss it, I don't care, but don't do it here.

What other place is better to discuss the current situation of the
powerpc port, and what could be done to improve it ?

And please, tell me, what positive and constructive contribution you
have made to the topic ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther