Re: Ban for debian-powerp on Sven Luther lifted.

Selon Sven Luther <sven@powerlinux.fr>:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 07:57:18AM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> > But...
> > Sven, I think it would be better to let the story rest in peace and to go on
> > and look forward instead looking backward. Nobody can change what happened,
> > but it will make many things easier for you, when you don't look back in
> > anger and always pointing everyone to what happened to you.
>
> Yes, but when i tried to do this, during my self imposed ban in
> january/february for example, and tried to go forward helping organize
> the FOSDEM booth, they chose the occasion to relaunch the expulsion
> procedure. Or when i provided over 30 patches for powerpc despite the
> constrants set upon me, as documented in the wiki pages, they removed my
> right to upload my own .udeb providing packages.
>
> I have tried this many times in the past, and they wouldn't let me.

I think that what everyone is trying to explain you is that this is not by
always telling the same story on different mailing lists that you will solve
this problem. I understand that you can't let this go as if nothing happened,
because there have been mistakes from both sides, and that you have been the
only one to be punished, and this is not fair.

If this is a problem with Frans Pop or anyone else, why don't you talk with him
? Because he doesn't want to ? So, what's the point of telling it to every
Debian user ? What could we do to that, as simple Debian user ? Launch a
petition ? Start a revolution ? Fork Debian ? The thing is, many users don't see
the point in being told this story again and again, as this only annoys them,
discredits you, and make the one who want you out of Debian laugh.

So please, find another way to solve this, as I don't think this method has
given any positive result for now. I don't know what to do, but as you saw on
this list, a lot of people are with you, and think that you are too much
important for the ppc port to be lost. Just try to change the way you fix your
relational problem with the other DDs.

Benjamin Cama