Ban for debian-powerp on Sven Luther lifted.

<[🔎] 20070722094408.GA14907@aragorn>

Hi.

We just lifted the ban on Sven Luther on this list.

Comments:

The Ban on d-project has been publical announced in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2007/05/msg00234.html I also
noted there that i hoped that this ban would be temporary.

After that some more things happened involving d-boot and d-private,
so listmasters decided to extend the ban to all lists and announced it
on d-private. (which was maybe wrong and we should have dropped a note
in d-project too)

As you might see in the Archive of d-project the name of Sven is still
causing irritations, so we now run the ban-lifting on a per request
basis and ask the users of the lists. (and d-powerpc isn't the first
list where we lifted the ban)

Even as the whole affair is unlucky, and asking on a technical list
about it is unappropriate, I can't understand why some people produce
mails like in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2007/07/msg00091.html or
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2007/07/msg00099.html
these kind of responses aren't helpful in any way.

Yours,
        Cord, Debian Listmaster of the day
--
http://lists.debian.org