Re: Sven Luther

Hi folks,

I'm fairly new to Debian and this list, and I don't even know what all this is about, but I'm involved in various other mailing lists which sometimes have quite heated discussion, so let me just make a couple of points:

** If a list is moderated, the usual procedure is to stop discussion of a particular controversial topic. An individual is only blocked for spamming or the like. This list isn't moderated so subject-level blocking wasn't available, still, the blocking of an individual seems *extremely* drastic.

** The "ban" announcement
http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2007/05/msg00234.html
makes it clear that others besides Sven were involved, and it was only intended to be temporary till tempers cooled. It's been nearly 2 months now.

So IMHO the ban (if it ever should have been applied) should end ASAP.

Cheers,  Mike.

          Mike Hore        mike_hore@aapt.net.au