Re: Sven Luther

Le Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 11:44:08AM +0200, Robert Millan a écrit :

> Hi folks,
>
> Sven (CCed) asked me if I could do something to get his ban lifted on
> debian-powerpc

Hi,

I am very surprised of this ban as it was never announced. The
explanations from the listmasters clearly state that the filter is to
prevent Sven to post on on debian-project. Of course, banning him on all
lists fullfies this purpose, but I think that in that case the wording
would be really unappropriate.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2007/05/msg00234.html

For this reason I support the lifting of the ban on -powerpc.

Actually, in the above mail, it is said that the ban should have been
lifted within a few days. This would be the thing to do in my opinion.
Requesting public judgement on a person who is not allowed to answer
seems to me unfair and unwise. And off-topic.

Have a nice day,

(CC Sven as well... Bonne journée)

--
Charles Plessy