Fwd: Re: Failed Installation, Raid1 on MAC G4 PPC

Hi Manuel,

On Sat, July 21, 2007 03:53, Manuel Mendez wrote:
> On 7/20/07, Manuel Mendez <mmendez534@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So I started by erasing the old stuff on each disk. Then each disk has
2
>> partitions, one that just says APPLE which is a few KBs. I formatted
the
>> other partion of each disk to be used as RAID.

i don't know, if it fix your problem. You need at least 3 partitions to
boot a linux kernel on a mac. the first partition keeps the map of the
other partitions, the second partition contains a bootblock (aka yaboot).
in the last partition you should have your linux system. IIRC, you need to
setup at least the first and the second partition in a normal way, to get
access to the software raid.

Greetings
frubi

--
Felix Rublack - frublack@landau-gym.de - http://frubi.net/
  Tätig ist man immer mit einen gewissen Lärm. Wirken geht in der Stille