Euro sign [was: Re: xkb-data with support for Mac keyboards into unstable]

Hi Helge

I removed the "In-Reply-To:" header, to get a new thread ... I hope you
don't mind ... :)

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 03:57:55PM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello,
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 12:20:23AM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> > $ setxkbmap -option  -option apple:badmap -rules xorg -model powerbook -layout de -variant nodeadkeys  -print | xkbcomp - :0
> >
> > does solve this issue .... Thanks .. :)
>
> OT: Do you see a Euro-sign in X/on the console for Apple-E?

Yes, both on console and X, on both places via <Left-Apple>-E

> And if so,
> what kind of font do you use?

On X (that is KDE/KDM), according to the KDE control-center,

 General:		Arial 9 (numbers here and following mean "size")
 Fixed width:		Monospace 9
 Toolbar:		Arial 9
 Menu:			Arial 9
 Window Title:		Sans Serif 9
 Taskbar:		Arial 9
 Desktop:		Arial 9

Please let me know if you need more details (Font packages installed,
etc ..)

On console, /etc/console-tools/config is responsible for the settings,
correct?:

Excerpt from /etc/console-tools/config

# Turn on numlock by default
#LEDS=+num
SCREEN_FONT=lat9w-16
SCREEN_FONT_vc2=lat9w-16
SCREEN_FONT_vc3=lat9w-16
SCREEN_FONT_vc4=lat9w-16
SCREEN_FONT_vc5=lat9w-16
SCREEN_FONT_vc6=lat9w-16

I just looked at my notes concerning consolechars: They say (and sorry
if you know 'consolechars' already .. ):

consolechars --tty=/dev/tty3 -vf lat9w-16
---------------------------------------

consolechars --no-act --tty=/dev/tty3 -vf lat9w-10
---------------------------------------

consolechars --default-font

----------------------------------

[notes like above simply help me forget man pages, once I found how some
 tool works ... :) ]

I doubt the following will help, but who knows:
On console:

$ dumpkeys -i
keycode range supported by kernel:           1 - 255
max number of actions bindable to a key:         256
number of keymaps in actual use:                 14
of which 7 dynamically allocated
ranges of action codes supported by kernel:
number of function keys supported by kernel: 256
max nr of compose definitions: 256
nr of compose definitions in actual use: 68

If we're already at it: I just realized that even on console the <>
key (right hand side of <SHIFT>) and ^° (above TAB) are swapped
... Same on your console?

My boottime.kmap.gz:
www.wolfgangpfeiffer.com/boottime.kmap.gz

PowerBook5,8 here.

Please let me know if you need to know more ....

Best Regards
Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on