Re: xkb-data: Help needed for Macintosh keyboards

Le Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 01:24:02AM +0200, Denis Barbier a écrit :

> But Macintosh keyboards have not been updated, mainly because
> upstream does not have such hardware, and also because people
> seem to want different default options for their special keys.

Hi,

I am also willing to help, but I think that my understanding of how
things work is a bit too low for the moment (maybe it will improve this
weekend).

Actually, I started to investigate the question a bit before, and as a
first step, I noted the keycodes emitted by my keyboard:

http://charles.plessy.org/mac/A1048.html

It is the default japanese keyboard sold with the G5 iMac I bought
almost two years ago. (Model A1048)

If somebody could explain me how to turn this into something useful,
I'll be happy to contribute.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy